1)Dinner with my lifelong friends, Jon & Kristie. It's so wonderful having friends that are like minded and that I've known my entire life.
2)Dinner two weekends in a row with Margaret and Travis.
3)Getting to be at Awana Pinnacle with the GBC Varsity group
4)Spending a couple of hours talking with two of the IM interns in India
5)A three hour coffee date with Julia
6)Potluck at GBC on Sunday and all of the hugs and encouragement
7)Lunch today with a former co-worker
8)Receiving an amazing card of encouragement today out of the blue from the mother of a boy that I taught music to when I was going through training in MT. Seriously, it's one of those moments that kind of blows you away.
9)Dinner with the Lyles
10)Having Ethan & Evelyn say upon hearing that I'm leaving, "I'm so sad you have to go. Here, I'm going to give you a hug, ok?"
It really has been a great last week, or so. I've visited with a lot of people and gotten a lot done. I had to purchase a new laptop and spent some time figuring all of that out, plus going to the dentist, optometrist, masseuse(Christmas present), and doing lots of other last minute things.
Funny story: for the last couple of years I've been slightly worried about my eyes. I've always had incredibly clear vision(much better than 20/20) and have been able to see street signs a block away, etc. But in the last couple of years things haven't been as clear and I became a bit concerned. I decided that while I was home I would go to an optometrist and get things checked out. So, after going through a comprehensive eye exam(which I've not had since I was very young), the Dr. kind of laughed and explained that for people who have extremely sharp eyesight, any deterioration at all gets them very worried. It turns out that they really can't measure beyond 20/10, so my vision may have been even better than that. It's now changed to 20/15 and that change really bothers me. I'm still daily feeling like I'm not seeing very well, but am having to believe that everything is ok. What I'm wondering is, if this is 20/15, what in the world were my eyes before?? I felt kind of silly upon leaving his office, but at least I have peace of mind now that everything is fine.
No comments:
Post a Comment