Pt. 2 of our JV/Varsity/College & Career Day Trip was a visit to Mayberry(My. Airy). We somehow ended up going on the exact day that they were having "Mayberry Day," the annual tribute festival. We missed the parade and most of the folks in costume, but caught a fair amount of the crowd for a while. And let me tell you, "Mayberry Day" drew em' right out of the backwoods, as if they were members of the Darling family. Taking pics of the crowd probably would have been more interesting than what I'll show you, but it kind of made me embarrassed to be an American from the South, so I decided not to. Instead, I've decided to show you the following:
 |
| Andy upgraded from Helen |
 |
| The Back Porch Bucket Band. Amusingly, they were playing along with a recording of a bluegrass band, and even did some clogging interludes |
 |
| Main St. Mt. Airy(Mayberry). Mt Airy is the town where Andy Griffith was raised, and upon which his show was based |
 |
| Good ol' Barn |
 |
| I have no idea why these pickles were there, but since pickles are the mascot of my alma mater, I convinced Maria to hop in a picture with me. It didn't take too much arm twisting, as you can see. |
No comments:
Post a Comment