Saturday, August 3, 2013

Poland, city #2

City #2 was Warsaw, though I had already flown in to Warsaw twice on this trip. =-) We don't have any interns in Poland right now, so all of these visits were to long term staff. My first stop was to the Warsaw portion of the Shaded family(the parents and three of the kids serve with IM in 3 different cities). I spent one evening with Moner, Stenia, and Filemon- mainly catching up on Filemon's ministry. Filemon and I stay in touch, so there wasn't a lot of new info., but it's always great to have good times of fellowship. He serves students in two universities in the Warsaw area and works with the youth from his church.

With Filemon and Moner





Then I spent a day with former intern, Szymon, who many of you are familiar with, as I call him my "Polish little brother." We had a great day biking to the Warsaw Zoo, checking out all the animals, riding to the city center, and getting Turkish food for lunch. As usual, it was great to see him, and hear how different things in his young life are going.






At the Zoo    
With Jen

While I was in Warsaw I stayed with Jen. It was good catching up with her, and hearing how her ministry with the teens and young adults in her International Christian Fellowship Church is going. I enjoy visiting with her, because each time I go, I become more familiar with the people she serves and they welcome me back. It's easy going into an environment where people make you feel very welcome and as if you've only been away a short while. It also helps me get a feel for how well the body there is ministering to her, and not just her serving them.

And just for fun: Coke in Poland is printing the bottle labels with Nouns at the moment. So you might get a bottle that says, "Sister." or one that has a name, "Monika." or this funny one, "Blond." =-)

No comments: